How do individuals protect themselves from pneumonia infections with the new coronavirus?
1. Wash hands frequently. Use soap or hand soap and wash your hands with running water. Wipe your hands with disposable paper towels or clean towels.
2. Maintain good respiratory hygiene. When coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or towel. Wash your hands after coughing or sneezing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands.
3. Enhance physical fitness and immunity. Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and work regularly to avoid excessive fatigue.
4. Keep the environment clean and ventilated. Open the window every day for not less than 3 times, 20 to 30 minutes each time. When the outdoor air quality is poor, the frequency and time of ventilation should be appropriately reduced.
5. Minimize activities in crowded places and avoid contact with patients with respiratory infections.
6. If symptoms of respiratory tract infections such as cough, runny nose, fever, etc., should stay at home and rest in isolation, seek medical treatment as soon as the fever persists or the symptoms worsen.
7. Wear a qualified mask product correctly, only one can achieve the desired protective effect.